GOLD RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CROSS. GOLD RUSSIAN


Gold Russian Orthodox Cross. Gold Pendants And Charms.



Gold Russian Orthodox Cross





gold russian orthodox cross






    russian orthodox
  • Orthodox: of or relating to or characteristic of the Eastern Orthodox Church

  • The Russian Orthodox Church (ROC); or The Moscow Patriarchate (Russian: Русская Православная Церковь (Russkaya Pravoslavnaya Tserkov), or Московский Патриархат (Moskovskiy Patriarkhat) (the latter designation being another official name ) since 1943, Поместная Российская Православная Церковь (





    cross
  • A mark of this type (?) used to show that something is incorrect or unsatisfactory

  • A mark, object, or figure formed by two short intersecting lines or pieces (+ or ?)

  • traverse: travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"

  • A mark of this type (?) made to represent a signature by a person who cannot write

  • cross(a): extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis; "cross members should be all steel"; "from the transverse hall the stairway ascends gracefully"; "transversal vibrations"; "transverse colon"

  • a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece





    gold
  • coins made of gold

  • amber: a deep yellow color; "an amber light illuminated the room"; "he admired the gold of her hair"

  • A yellow precious metal, the chemical element of atomic number 79, valued esp. for use in jewelry and decoration, and to guarantee the value of currencies

  • A deep lustrous yellow or yellow-brown color

  • made from or covered with gold; "gold coins"; "the gold dome of the Capitol"; "the golden calf"; "gilded icons"

  • An alloy of this











gold russian orthodox cross - ARCHANGEL MICHAEL




ARCHANGEL MICHAEL SAINT CROSS SHIELD RUSSIAN ORTHODOX MEDAL GOLD VERMEIL PENDANT NECKLACE


ARCHANGEL MICHAEL SAINT CROSS SHIELD RUSSIAN ORTHODOX MEDAL GOLD VERMEIL PENDANT NECKLACE



20187 * UNIQUE SPIRITUAL GIFT! BRAND NEW WELL-MADE ITEM! SECURE AND SPEEDY DELIVERY FROM LAS VEGAS, NEVADA- THE SILVER STATE! GREAT ITEM! HONEST PRICE! SUPERB QUALITY! Only positive feedback from our buyers, regarding this item. SIMPLY THE BEST! VERY BEAUTIFUL ELEGANT ARTWORK! SAINT MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL CHRISTIAN PENDANT. Angel Holding Sword & Shield with Holy Cross Protective Charm. Archangel Michael is the chief enemy of Satan. Reverse side embossed with Traditional Cross, Saint Michael Archangel Sign and prayer in Old Church Slavonic: "Archangel Michael Pray God for Us". Christian amulet is a talisman charm often inscribed with a magic incantation, prayer or symbol to protect the wearer against evil (as disease or witchcraft) and to aid. Brand new gold silver gilt (original vermeil). Highest quality triple 18K (750) gold thick plating over 925 Sterling Silver metal. Solid thickness is 3.5 microns of fine gold- will last forever. Real solid gold appearance! Highly detailed hand made cast. Very good size is measured 1.65" x 0.78" inches (42mm x 20mm) with very robust precious metal thickness! Superb craftsmanship! Very elegant unique bail embossed with cross, artist V comb seal and 925 stamp hallmarks. Rare Museum Quality! Pendant comes with complimentary black waxed cotton cord necklace. Highest quality item will arrive safely packed inside protective jewelry box. We also have a great selection of beautiful gold plated sterling silver chains in our online store. GREAT COLLECTIBLE JEWELRY & PERFECT SPIRITUAL GIFT! EVEN BETTER THAN PICTURES IN PERSON! >>~~~> Saint Michael, Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And you, Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into Hell Satan and the other evil spirits who prowl the world for the ruin of souls. Amen










75% (6)





St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral




St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral





Upper East Side, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States

St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral was built in 1901-02 from the designs of John Bergesen, a New York City architect of Russian origin. Its style is derived from Baroque architecture as it had evolved in Moscow. The construction in New York City of a traditional Russian church provided local parishioners

The St. Nicholas congregation, which was established in 1894, met in a rented house at 323 Second Avenue until a permanent building could be erected.

The purchase of the 75 by 100 foot lot, on which the present church buildings stand, was undertaken by Dean Alexander Hotovitsky on behalf of the congregation in September 1899.

The lot was smaller than what had initially been sought, and it was not a corner site, but the high cost of real estate in New York limited the selection. The New York City congregation was unable to fully finance the building, so the Synod of Russia was given Imperial permission to collect money throughout the Russian Empire.

The ceremony of laying the cornerstone took place on May 22, 1901, the day of the Feast of Translation, commemorating the transfer of the relics of St. Nicholas from Myra in Lycia, Asia Minor, to Bari, Italy in 1087.

On November 23, 1902, a consecration service, the first to be held in the completed church, is led by Bishop Tikhon, the head of the Russian Church in the Aleutian Islands and North America. Bishop Charles Chapman Grafton, representing the Episcopal Church, participated in the service. The Russian Holy Synod elevated St. Nicholas Church to Cathedral status in December 1903, and the Diocesan Seat of North America was transferred from San "Francisco to New York in 1905.

Restoration work was carried out on the Cathedral between 1954 and 1960. Today St. Nicholas Cathedral continues to serve the needs of the Russian Orthodox Church in this country as it has since its founding.

The Cathedral, with its onion-dome cupolas topped by gilt crosses, and the attached rectory present an unexpected and impressive facade on East 97th Street.

Shortly after the church was dedicated the Russian Orthodox American Messenger described it as follows:

Everything is familiar and traditional in the new structure. Standing as it is, among the tall apartment buildings of routine style, it strikes ore like a ray of sun on a cloudy day. Its graceful and creative facade attracts and fascinates tile eye. Set upon a granite foundation, the Church becomes light in the measure of its rising upwards. The central garlands of colored brick, terra-cotta, and majolica of varying hues. The green of a slate roof, the snow-white of cherubims against a ground blue and gold, the red of bricks -all unite in subdued color accord. The edifice is surmounted by five cupolas each crowned by a gilded cross. In the opinion of many the new Church was considered to be one of the most beautiful buildings in New York and the only one of its style.

The broad front entrance of this brick building is contained within a central two-story gabled bay. Pendant arches with cherubim heads in the spandrels are set into the wide segmental-arched entranceway. Above this, three tall round arched windows fill the gable. A terra cotta frieze embellished by Greek crosses within linked circles is featured beneath the cornice of the gable. A blue and gold diamond-patterned band stretches across the facade at the base of the roof. The facade is flanked by wide brick pilasters , each surmounted by a small turret topped with an onion dome. A flat platform, embellished by colorful panels, is set back from the sloping front roof. Rising at the four corners of the platform are cupolas also crowned by onion domes. A dominant central dome, with ogee arches at the base and round-arched windows above, rises from the platform.

The sanctuary of the Cathedral seats 900 people. A hall for a school and for meetings, space for a printing press, storerooms, quarters for a superintendent, and service facilities Mere provided in the basement.

A three-story rectory, immediately to the vest of the church, is an integral part of the architectural composition. The round-arched entrance, surrounded by bead-and-reel and rope moldings, is surmounted by a low triangular pediment decorated with a shell motif. At the second floor three arched window openings are separated by paired colonnettes. Within each opening are a pair of pendant arches. The third floor windows are crowned by pedimented dormers projecting from the sloping roof. A terra-cotta band, continued from the church, accents the base of the roof.

The colorful elements of the composition are architecturally unified into a Cathedral is important both for its architectural design and for the role played in the City's history by the Russian Orthodox Church in North America.

- From the 1973 NYCLPC Landmark Designation Report











St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral




St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral





East 97th Street, Upper East Side, Manhattan

St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral was built in 1901-02 from the designs of John Bergesen, a New York City architect of Russian origin. Its style is derived from Baroque architecture as it had evolved in Moscow. The construction in New York City of a traditional Russian church provided local parishioners

The St. Nicholas congregation, which was established in 1894, met in a rented house at 323 Second Avenue until a permanent building could be erected.

The purchase of the 75 by 100 foot lot, on which the present church buildings stand, was undertaken by Dean Alexander Hotovitsky on behalf of the congregation in September 1899.

The lot was smaller than what had initially been sought, and it was not a corner site, but the high cost of real estate in New York limited the selection. The New York City congregation was unable to fully finance the building, so the Synod of Russia was given Imperial permission to collect money throughout the Russian Empire.

The ceremony of laying the cornerstone took place on May 22, 1901, the day of the Feast of Translation, commemorating the transfer of the relics of St. Nicholas from Myra in Lycia, Asia Minor, to Bari, Italy in 1087.

On November 23, 1902, a consecration service, the first to be held in the completed church, is led by Bishop Tikhon, the head of the Russian Church in the Aleutian Islands and North America. Bishop Charles Chapman Grafton, representing the Episcopal Church, participated in the service. The Russian Holy Synod elevated St. Nicholas Church to Cathedral status in December 1903, and the Diocesan Seat of North America was transferred from San "Francisco to New York in 1905.

Restoration work was carried out on the Cathedral between 1954 and 1960. Today St. Nicholas Cathedral continues to serve the needs of the Russian Orthodox Church in this country as it has since its founding.

The Cathedral, with its onion-dome cupolas topped by gilt crosses, and the attached rectory present an unexpected and impressive facade on East 97th Street.

Shortly after the church was dedicatedthe Russian Orthodox American Messenger described it as follows:

Everything is familiar and traditional in the new structure. Standing as it is, among the tall apartment buildings of routine style, it strikes ore like a ray of sun on a cloudy day. Its graceful and creative facade attracts and fascinates tile eye. Set upon a granite foundation, the Church becomes light in the measure of its rising upwards. The central garlands of colored brick, terra-cotta, and majolica of varying hues. The green of a slate roof, the snow-white of cherubims against a ground blue and gold, the red of bricks -all unite in subdued color accord. The edifice is surmounted by five cupolas each crowned by a gilded cross. In the opinion of many the new Church was considered to be one of the most beautiful buildings in New York and the only one of its style.

The broad front entrance of this brick building is contained within a central two-story gabled bay. Pendant arches with cherubim heads in the spandrels are set into the wide segmental-arched entranceway. Above this, three tall round arched windows fill the gable. A terra cotta frieze embellished by Greek crosses within linked circles is featured beneath the cornice of the gable. A blue and gold diamond-patterned band stretches across the facade at the base of the roof. The facade is flanked by wide brick pilasters , each surmounted by a small turret topped with an onion dome. A flat platform, embellished by colorful panels, is set back from the sloping front roof. Rising at the four corners of the platform are cupolas also crowned by onion domes. A dominant central dome, with ogee arches at the base and round-arched windows above, rises from the platform.

The sanctuary of the Cathedral seats 900 people. A hall for a school and for meetings, space for a printing press, storerooms, quarters for a superintendent, and service facilities Mere provided in the basement.

A three-story rectory, immediately to the vest of the church, is an integral part of the architectural composition. The round-arched entrance, surrounded by bead-and-reel and rope moldings, is surmounted by a low triangular pediment decorated with a shell motif. At the second floor three arched window openings are separated by paired colonnettes. Within each opening are a pair of pendant arches. The third floor windows are crowned by pedimented dormers projecting from the sloping roof. A terra-cotta band, continued from the church, accents the base of the roof.

The colorful elements of the composition are architecturally unified into a Cathedral is important both for its architectural design and for the role played in the City's history by the Russian Orthodox Church in North America.

- From the 1973 NYCLPC Landmark Designation Report









gold russian orthodox cross








gold russian orthodox cross




ST.MICHAEL ARCHANGEL JESUS CHRIST CROSS ANGEL GUARDIAN SAINT CHARM GOLD PENDANT NECKLACE






20024 * BEAUTIFUL ITEM! SECURE AND SPEEDY DELIVERY FROM LAS VEGAS, NEVADA. GREAT ITEM! HONEST PRICE! SUPERB QUALITY! Only positive feedback comments from our buyers, regarding this item. Here are just a few of the best: "Its more beautiful than I ever could have imagined! I am VERY Pleased! thank you" Buyer: bowser28217 (11) "Stunning! I absolutely Love it! Going to buy another" Buyer: shaniya (178) "EXCELLENT TRANSACTION, TRUSTED SELLER, HIGH QUALITY, SUPER FAST SHIPPING!" Buyer: gildamcdevitt (250) WELL-MADE UNIQUE NECKLACE! VERY BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN CROSS PENDANT. Highly detailed artwork. Well-made 24K GOLD PLATED solid metal. Bright deep highest quality HAND ENAMELED cloisonne colors. PERFECT SIZE- it's measured 1.57" x 1" inches (40 mm x 25 mm). Pendant comes with superb quality 24K GOLD PLATED ball chain. 24" inches (61 cm) adjustable length; 2.5 mm bead diameter. Great items - great price! On the front obverse side is SAINT MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL holy image. Angel is holding Cross and Shield with Greek letters XC (stands for Jesus Christ). Greek letters acronym on the sides of the cross stands for ARCHANGEL MICHAEL. Reverse side embossed with legendary Divine Image of our Lord- JESUS CHRIST THE SAVIOR "Not Made by Hand"- traditional Orthodox iconography in the interpretation of artist jeweler. Greek letters IC XC is an acronym for Jesus Christ name in Greek. On the top two letters NI and at the foot of the cross letters KA form the word NIKA means Victory in Greek. Symbol of Lord's Victory over Death (His Resurrection) - "Jesus Christ Conquers Death". GREAT CHRISTIAN COLLECTIBLE & PERFECT SPIRITUAL GIFT! MUCH BETTER THAN PICTURES IN PERSON! SPEEDY & SECURE USA SHIPPING WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION SERVICE!










Similar posts:

gold ornate picture frames

orinoco gold driver xp

marble blast gold full game download

white gold earring studs

gold coast hotel and casino

one ounce gold bars

carpenters gold dvd

canadian gold etf

black hills gold watch

princess leia gold bikini costume



Comments:投稿

  • URL
  • Comments:
  • パスワード
  • 管理者にだけ表示

Trackbacks:

http://14kgolddiscneckrbb.blog.fc2.com/tb.php/7-8316f25b